The studies in Agrochemicals, Biological Products and similar have GLP recognition and are conducted with expertise of over 25 years in compliance with national and international requirements. The products used for agricultural purposes are regulated by ANVISA, MAPA and IBAMA that require studies accredited by CGCRE* (General Coordination of Accreditation of Inmetro) in “Good Laboratory Practices”.
These studies are a differential of ALS and comprise physical-chemical, toxicological and ecotoxicological studies. With technical professionals supported by an experienced commercial team, the laboratory is recognized by national and international institutions that certify the quality and traceability of its processes and services.
Portfolio of work
- Validation of methods;
- Physico-chemical characteristics (pH, density, corrosivity, vapor pressure, viscosity and others)
- Acute toxicity studies;
- Irritation studies;
- Repeated dose toxicity studies;
- Skin sensitization;
- Ames test;
- Micronucleus test.
STUDIES IN BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS
Among the products used for agricultural purposes, ALS Food&Agro has specialized in the evaluation of toxicity and pathogenicity of microbiological or biopesticidal products, which are products based on bacteria, fungi or viruses for which protocols developed according to their specific needs are used.
The laboratory performs studies for microbiological agents according to INC Nº 3 of 03/10/06 complemented and altered by INC Nº 3 of 08/19/14, following the guidelines of EPA 885 series, American protocols internationally recommended. In the last 10 years, the laboratory has been involved in several projects and events with biopesticides and since 2016 is a member of the American Association of the Biopesticide Industry Alliance (BPIA). The following are the studies required for biological products:
- Bee Toxicity – OPPTS Tier I 885.4380 (1998)
- Toxicity to Microcrustaceans OPPTS Tier I 885.4240 (1996)
- Fish Toxicity OPPTS Tier I 885.4200 (1996)
- Toxicity / Pathogenicity of Birds OPPTS Tier I 885.4050 (1996)
- Toxicity / Pathogenicity intraperitoneal OPPTS 885.3200
- Acute Intravenous Toxicity / Pathogenicity OPPTS 885.3200
- Acute Oral Toxicity / Pathogenicity OPPTS 885.3050
- Acute Pulmonary Toxicity / Pathogenicity OPPTS 885.3150
STUDIES WITH ALTERNATIVE METHODS / “IN VITRO”
- LLNA Cutaneous sensitization;
- “In vitro” Micronucleus Test;
- BCOP (“in vitro” irritation / corrosion test);
- Law No. 7.802 / 89
- Ordinance No. 84/1996 – IBAMA
- IN Nº 49/2002 – Equivalence for registration of agrochemicals
- Decree No. 4.074 / 02
- Joint Normative Instruction No. 3 of 10/03/06 as amended by INC nº 3 of 08/19/14 – Microbiological Agents
- Biochemical: Joint Normative Instruction nº 32 of October 26, 2005 – modified by INC nº 3 of 08/19/14.
- IN Nº 5 10/20/1992 – for registration of products of wood preservatives